Job Advertisement: Managing Director, Cruise NL
Company: Cruise Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
Position: Managing Director
Job type: Full time, Contractual, 40/hr week
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000
Location: Various locations within Newfoundland and Labrador
Are you passionate about the travel and tourism industry? Do you have a proven track record in leadership and strategic management? Cruise NL is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to fill the role of Managing Director and lead our efforts in promoting and developing the cruise tourism sector in the beautiful province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Managing Director is accountable to the Cruise NL Board of Directors. In this role, the incumbent must be willing to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends. Domestic, and global travel is an essential component of this position. Additionally, CNL follows a remote work (work from home) model.
About Cruise NL
Cruise NL is the leading organization responsible for the growth and development of cruise tourism in the province. With its stunning coastline, rich cultural heritage and unique attractions, Newfoundland and Labrador is a growing cruise destination. As Managing Director, you will play a pivotal role in realizing this potential and contributing to the economic growth of the region.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to attract cruise lines, passengers, and tourism partners to the region.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with cruise lines, government agencies, local businesses, and community stakeholders.
- Promotion and Marketing: Lead marketing initiatives to position Newfoundland and Labrador a must-see cruise destination.
- Financial Management: Oversee the budget and financial operations of the organization, ensuring optimal resources allocation in collaboration with CNL’s external accounting firm.
- Team Management: Lead and inspire a dedicated team, fostering a collaborative and results-driven work environment.
- Marketing Research: Stay informed about industry trends, regional activities, and emerging opportunities to make informed decisions.
- Policy Advocacy: Collaborate with government bodies to advocate for policies that support the growth of cruise tourism.
- A minimum of seven years in a leadership position is required. Having held senior roles in a non-profit environment is considered an asset.
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, tourism or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of tourism in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and networking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in stakeholder and project management with a proven track record of working effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage and report on the effective implementation of a marketing strategy to maintain market relevance and promote cruising to Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and oversee general accounting.
- Competency in Microsoft Office for Mac including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other related software applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours and to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to the selection committee at firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications is 5:00pm (NST), Friday, September 29, 2023.